Thank you for your interest in joining the USD 489 team. Ensuring quality personnel in all positions is our commitment to the students of USD 489.
To establish a complete pre-employment file, please complete your online resume as well as the online application(s) for the job(s) that you are interested in. Your application will be retained in active status for one year. If your qualifications meet our needs, we will contact you for further information and a possible interview.
1. "Sign up" (for a new account) or "Sign in" (if you have an existing account).
2. Complete the My Profile & My Resume pages (1st time users only, or if any changes in
information occur) and hit "Submit" button.
3. Click on the "Job Search" tab and select desired category or location, and the position
of your choice.
4. Click on the "apply now" button on the right hand side of the screen to apply for the
Resources for applicants and/or new employees:
K.S.A. 72-5213 Certificate of Health
Background check consent form
If hired, you will be emailed an electronic New Employee packet(s). All assigned tasks must be completed, and you must attend a New Employee Finalization Orientation prior to first day of employment. The orientation finalization meetings are held in the Human Resources office at Rockwell Administration Center, 323 W 12th St in Hays. Employees will need to schedule an appointment with Human Resources for this meeting.
Orientation should last no longer than 1 hour. You will be photographed for an identification badge at this time. Please bring the following with you to your selected orientation meeting (unless previously uploaded during electronic orientation process):
1. Teaching License or other certification required for your position.
2. Driver's License and Social Security Card (or other acceptable documents for form I-9 verification.
3. Certificate of Health (includes Tuberculosis Test, if taken within the last year)
USD 489, Ellis County, Kansas, does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, age, disability, or handicap in admission or access to or treatment or employment in its programs and activities. If you have questions regarding the above, please contact the Title IX Coordinator or the Section 504 Coordinator in the office of the Superintendent of Schools, 323 W. 12th Street, Hays, Kansas 67601, (785) 623-2400.